Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reso Reaper

Anvit Singh Tawar
Reso Roll No: 701204
IIT-JEE Year- 2009 |AIR: 9
Name of Institute and branch: IIT Bombay
(B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineeering)





Q १ What is required to get into IIT?

Firm determination is pivotal to get into any Indian Institutes of Technology. No matter what may come one should never lose track of one's preparation.
Q 2. How much time did you devote on an average for your preparation? What was your daily time table? How did you divide your course in those hours of study?
For me 'how long' is not as important as 'how much'. Number of study hours depends on an individual discretion. My priorities were:
(i) Class notes + DPPs: According to me, hands on practice on these with full devotion will surely benefit an individual in two years.
(ii) Review Tests: One should prepare wholeheartedly for any test as after-test analysis is very important and based on it one can tweak one's exam-time strategy to maximize one's performance.
(iii) Sheets + Question Banks: These are important for building up one's skills in any topic, so they should be the top most in the priority list for the new topics.
Q 3. What are the important topics for special attention?
Any topic in which one is unable to perform well in comparison to that of other topics requires special attention. Some topics on which I concentrated more were:
Physics: Mechanics (esp. RBD), Electromagnetism
Chemistry: Ionic Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Organic Chemistry
Mathematics: Algebra (+general manipulation), Calculus
Q 4. How does one cope up with the school syllabus and preparation for IIT-JEE? Did you take extra efforts to prepare for board examination?
The school syllabus is not much different from that of JEE span. All, that one needs is the presentation skill, which can be easily managed during the board exams. In fact, the non-JEE portion of the school syllabus is also covered at Resonance, which means school can totally be kept aside for these 2 years. However, practicals should be performed as and when required as these are very important. Also, a thorough reading (and REMEMBERING) of the NCERT textbooks for Organic & Inorganic Chemistry is a must.
Q 5. How many questions should an individual attempt to get into IITs? How tough is the paper?
Nothing is pre-determined. Just make sure that one doesn't leave any question unseen. One should not overstress oneself and maintain one's cool & calm and should proceed at a normal pace.
The JEE paper is at par with those at Resonance. In fact, I found it easier.
Q 6. Give some tips for increasing one's efficiency while studying? How did you refresh yourself from the hectic schedule?
One should study in intervals with a good mood and a relaxed mind. To practice this habit, a sound sleep and a proper diet is required. For me 7-8 hours used to be sufficient for a good sleep. The study hours should match with the test timings. JEE requires very high level of concentration which can be built only by regular efforts and determination.
For refreshment, I used to go for walks, chat with friends (in limits, of course), and play football at the weekends.
Q 7. What is your Success mantra? Give some advice to your successors at Resonance who are preparing for IIT-JEE?
I constantly analyzed my performance after each test and worked out ways to improve. This slowly but surely improved my performance, confidence and also helped me maintain consistency.
Stay assured that you, at Resonance, are being handled by the best of the faculty team of the country. Be confident and be cool.
Q 8. While preparing at Resonance how did you evaluate your performance after each CT, APT & JPT?
The best time to analyze performance in a test is immediately after the test. I sorted out my mistakes, considered ways of improving them, and adjusted my speed accordingly. I used to go through the problems which I solved correctly and then tried to find out better and quicker methods. Discussion with friends also helped me evaluate my performance. Finally, I realized that equal weightage should be given to all the tests.
Q 9. What was your first reaction after giving the IIT-JEE examination? Which topic did you think should have been given more importance for the increase in your percentage or performance in JEE?
JEE question paper was very similar to that at Resonance. As expected, I was happy and confident after the exam. Chemistry (esp. inorganic) used to be my weak area which I could have improved upon to score better.
Q 10. Whom do you wish to give the credit of your success? To what extent did your family contribute in your success?
I want to extend my thanks to my family members first as my parents have always helped me to come out of low-confidence states and boosted my morale high up. My brother was always there at my back supporting me and was the first one to inspire me for IIT. I would then thank God, Resonance, my teachers, and my friends who made my dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor's count

Followers